Awesome beauty hacks for the everyday gal (and guy).
I found this awesome infographic today of beauty hacks put together by Infographic Journal and thought that I simply had to share, because who knew Vaseline could be used for eye make-up removal!
Given my preference for using natural products, I love this list because most items I will find in my pantry. I have been particularly distrustful of teeth whitening products and tend to never used them, so it’s great to know that I can get those pearly whites after all by just using a mixture of strawberry and baking soda 🙂
Here are some of my own beauty hacks that I use on a regular basis
- Dilute 1 tpsp organic apple cider vinegar with 250ml water and use as hair conditioner. I do this once a week or when my hair feels a bit flat.
- Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial properties and is good for getting rid of body odors – use on feet and underarms.
- Sorbelene (or any other basic moisturiser) can be used as make up removers – eye and face.
- Fix fly aways by spraying hair spray into the palms of your hand, rub together and dab down on your hair, avoiding the roots. You’ve got to do this quickly, before the spray dries on your hand.
- The trick above can also be used to give your hair some shape without having to use too much spay or hair wax. Just rub it into your hair and style.
- I’m not good with stocking up on beauty essential except when it comes to my dry shampoo. I always buy this in bulk and use in between washes to give my hair volume and a clean look and feel.
- For smooth lips, I use a baby toothbrush to scrub away dry skin (sort of like a lip exfoliation) and moisturise with a lip balm. I usually do this at night before going to bed.
- Using hair conditioner as shaving cream helps me get a clean shave while also mositurising my legs at the same time.
Got any secret, everyday beauty hacks you swear by? Perhaps a handy tip your mom or grandma passed on to you? Share your beauty hacks below